Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Seeking God with All of Our Heart


A wholehearted seeker of God was a Jewish King named Josiah. His story is told in the 2nd Book of Kings with the following description of his devotion to the LORD: Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the LORD with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses. And there has never been a king like him since. 2 Kings 23:25 NLT

As I read this description of Josiah, it made me wonder what prevented the other kings from having a wholehearted devotion for God. In my reflection, I realized that they like many of us allowed their hearts to be divided by other pursuits in life. This observation does not mean that pursuing career ambitions, hobbies, or family time are bad in and of themselves, but the very core of a heartfelt seeker of God is the LORD himself!

The diagram above led me to ask myself … Am I seeking God with all of my heart? Or have I allowed my heart to become divided? How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment