Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Plenty of Good Soil


Following my time this morning at the YMCA leading a Job Seeker Support Group, I walked over to the construction site next door and talked with one of the workers. He shared with me that they were discovering more top soil on the property than they had expected, which explains the large piles of soil collected at various locations of the property.

As I reflect on this discovery, I thought of the parables that Jesus taught on the importance of having good hearts to receive God’s word. Jesus taught, “The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God’s word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!” Matthew 13:23 NLT

My prayer is that the Southwest Church will have receptive hearts that allows God’s word to produce the lasting fruit that he longs to produce through us. I also pray for the opportunity this year and into the future for us as a church to influence many people that we have not even yet met, who will also have receptive hearts to God’s Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment