Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Every Morning

I am amazed of the beauty of God’s creation! From time to time, I see something in nature that just takes my breath and reminds me of the greatness of God. Back a while, I had such an experience. I was taking a walk in my neighborhood one early morning and I witnessed a beautiful sunrise in the east. As the full brightness of the sun was being hidden by the morning clouds, amazing rays of light were fanning out in all directions from the horizon in the east.

I was so taken by the beauty of this magnificent sunrise that I ran back into my house to find a camera to capture the moment. Although a photograph will never do justice of the beauty of this particular sunrise, the picture above is a reminder to me of the beauty that I witnessed on that early Sunday morning.

As I contemplated the beauty of this magnificent sight in creation, I was reminded of God’s love and mercy that continues to poke through the clouds of personal shortcomings, setbacks and disappointments in life. The prophet Jeremiah wrote a beautiful description of God’s faithfulness in the midst of an extremely difficult time in his life and his Jerusalem peers. He wrote, “The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself; ‘The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!’” Lamentations 3:22-24 NLT

Let’s make sure the next time we see a beautiful sunrise that we are reminded of God’s faithfulness and how his mercies are fresh each morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment