Friday, October 1, 2010

Long Awaited Good News!

This week has been filled with long awaited good news on many fronts! On Sunday, we announced some revised plans for the future Southwest Church Worship and Community Center. We also announced that we had received from a financial institution a letter of interest for a construction loan on that projected building. More news will be shared this Sunday regarding this exciting faith project which we have been praying as a church for years!

On Tuesday, my favorite professional baseball team, the Cincinnati Reds, clinched a playoff spot following a 15 year stretch that fans suffered through numerous disappointing seasons. On Thursday, I was able to celebrate with my mother some recent home improvements on her 56 year old house that she had been dreaming for years.

But the best news that I have experienced this week was not letters of interest, winning baseball teams, or finished home improvements. The best news that I “heard” this week was the long awaited fulfillment of God’s plan of salvation for the human race!

Now some might question the credibility of a church leader who has just “heard” this news, but let me explain. Throughout this year, I have been reading the Bible in the chronological history that it occurred, and frankly there were some days this year that I “struggled through” the readings of Leviticus, Lamentations, and 2 Chronicles. But following nine months of Bible reading, I was prepared to “enter” the New Testament with a new perspective.

As I read with fresh eyes the announcement of the birth of Jesus Christ, I received once again the joy of the long awaited Good News of God’s salvation. Listen to this beautiful description … 68“Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has visited and redeemed his people. 69 He has sent us a mighty Savior from the royal line of his servant David, 70 just as he promised through his holy prophets long ago. Luke 1:68-70 NLT

Now that is Good News worth waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment