Sunday, January 2, 2011

Locations to Consider


This year I have been invited to participate in a pilgrimage to Israel with a group of church planters from Ohio. I am extremely grateful for this possibly once in a life time opportunity to physically see the villages, cities, rivers, and locations that I have read about for year.

To help me prepare for this upcoming opportunity, I have purchased a journal to record my observations from Scripture this year. In my Bible reading this year, I am giving special notice to locations mentioned in scripture, so I can prepare my heart and mind for this upcoming trip to Galilee and Jerusalem.

My Bible reading plan this year, which I found on www.hearlight.org, includes a chronological study of the Old Testament and New Testament. So prior to my trip this summer, I should be able to read through most of the history books of the Old Testament and the Gospels of the New Testament. This will enable me to trace the steps of Jesus and the faithful Jews who preceded him.

I am excited about the thought of seeing with my own eyes places like Bethlehem, Nazareth, the Sea of Galilee, and Jerusalem. It will be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment