Friday, August 6, 2010

Seeking God in the "Land Between"

This week, I had the opportunity to listen to a wonderful message by Jeff Manion entitled, “The Land Between.” He is an author and pastor in Michigan who has written a book with the same title, describing the challenging time in Israel’s history as they traveled in the wilderness (actually desert) between the time they were released from Egyptian slavery and the time they inhabited the promise land.

In many ways the message spoke to my heart as I longingly wait for future dreams in my life and in the church that I serve to be realized. And yet, in this “land between” I am learning many valuable lessons about what it means to be a seeker of God and his will. The challenge for anyone presently caught in the “land between” is to remember that as long as we seek God’s lead in our lives, that we have a bright future!

Jeremiah spoke this truth into the lives of God’s people at a time they longed for a better future while they lived in Babylonian Captivity. He said, “This is what the LORD says: “You will be in Babylon for seventy years. But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the LORD. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.” Jeremiah 29:10-14 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment