Thursday, August 5, 2010

Seeking to Listen


During the last three years I have attended the Willow Creek Leadership Summit Simulcast. This effort is spearheaded by the Willow Creek Church in the Chicago area and is shown via simulcast in more than 150 locations throughout the world. This year, I will be participating in this event at the Cincinnati Vineyard Church 35 minutes South of Springboro.

As I prepare for this leadership conference, I am seeking to prepare my heart to listen for what the LORD wants to communicate to my heart and to my life. I am inspired by the willing heart to listen to God’s direction in the life of Samuel the prophet. When he was first called into spiritual leadership, he responded with this humble request: "Speak, for your servant is listening." 1 Samuel 3:10 NIV

This is my heart’s desire as I participate in the 2010 Global Leadership Summit. I am also wondering … Why don’t I have that heart’s desire every day? Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment