Thursday, June 23, 2011

Experiencing the Presence of God



And yet here is the good news we don’t have to rely on anyone else offering sacrifice for our sins once a year, nor do we have to go to the Holy Land to experience God’s presence. Here is what the Bible says …

And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God’s house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:19-22 NLT

Possibly it was not just the fact, that I was in the land that Jesus walked, but possibly it was because I had a focus of truly wanting to hear from the LORD while I was in this land. I wrote, in my journal during our first day in Israel, “Please LORD, grant me a willing heart to receive what you want me to receive. Allow me to be a clean vessel ready to receive you.”

And I also wrote, “Ask God to meet me every step of the journey. Dear LORD, please speak to my heart and mind during this journey.”

Could it be that the LORD wants to speak to our hearts every step of our journey whether we live in Israel or in Southwest Ohio, but we must have willing hearts to hear as we make the decision afresh every day to follow in his steps?!

No comments:

Post a Comment