Monday, June 20, 2011

Panoramic View of Sea of Galilee



It was truly amazing to realize that in one panoramic view, we were looking at the entire area that Jesus carried out the majority of his ministry. You can see me trying to grasp this realization, while comparing what I saw with my own eyes with the Bible maps (Sea Picture of Sea with Map) that I had looked at for years! And yet this is what really dawned on me while taking in this panoramic view was what I recorded on one of 130 pages of journal entries: “I was actually surprised to see how close these villages were. It reminded me that although at times my work in Springboro might not seem that significant in the big world picture, the truth is that Jesus changed the world from a ministry that was in a relatively small geographical area.” And so can we!!

We live in a big world, but we can impact our world by sharing Jesus, the light of the world with those around us. We are also called to be a light to those around us. To let our light shine as Jesus explained by “let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.” (Matthew 5:16 NLT) and bring to those around us the same message that Jesus brought to this earth and taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment