Sunday, June 19, 2011

Retracing the Steps of Jesus - Message Series


Our theme verse for this message series that we are beginning this morning is on the cover of the bulletin and it simply reads: To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 1 Peter 2:21 NIV

And by the way, the steps that you see on the cover of the bulletin (See Picture to the Left) are the actual steps that Jesus walked on the way to his trial and eventual crucifixion. It was a privilege to actually see, touch, and step on the actual steps that Jesus walked and realize that all of us have been called to follow in his steps. And over the next six weeks (Show Message Series with Picture of me by the steps), I am going to do my best to share some of the highlights of this amazing trip along with some of the 3,000 pictures that I took, while I was there. And don’t worry, I won’t show them all. By the way, my roommate, a pastor in Cincinnati, said that I should have received the award for Mr. Photogenic and of course he also called me his Amish friend (I liked what one person said – Indiana Jones), because I wore long sleeves and long pants the whole trip due to my sun allergies, but the good news no sun rash while in Israel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment