Friday, July 9, 2010

Tons of Praise



One of the highlights of our recent mission trip to Mexico was the night that we had an authentic Mexican Praise Band which included 10 guitars leading us in a time of worship. Our hosts described the night as a Fiesta and we clapped and danced as we praised God in song. My favorite song of the evening was entitled, “Tons of Praise.” During this particular uplifting song, the leader of the band invited the crowd to not only sing, but to dance before the LORD. Some of the people from our mission team started a dance line with the Mexican children and it was one of the most enjoyable moments of worship that I have ever experienced in my life. At the end of the song, my face “hurt” from smiling so much!

It seems very appropriate to call a time of collective worship as a Fiesta! Our times together should be a celebration, when we gather with other believers to praise the One who created us and the One who has washed away all of our past mistakes through a personal relationship with Jesus. The Bible describes the Good News that is available for the follower of Christ in Hebrews.

And the Holy Spirit also testifies that this is so. For he says, “This is the new covenant I will make with my people on that day, says the LORD: I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” Then he says “I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds.” Hebrews 10:15-17

Now that news of forgiveness is so good that it is only appropriate for us to offer a “Ton of Praise!” This Saturday, July 10 at 7:00 pm we will offer a special Saturday night of praise music outdoors next to the YMCA in Springboro on Remick Boulevard. We will not only have a lot of encouraging praise music with a live band, but we will also have a fun inflatable for children and free ice cream for everyone! Make plans to attend, invite others, and join in a “ton of praise” as we seek God together!

No comments:

Post a Comment