Thursday, July 29, 2010

What is Your View of God?

For it was I, the LORD your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things. “But no, my people wouldn’t listen. Israel did not want me around. So I let them follow their own stubborn desires, living according to their own ideas. Oh, that my people would listen to me! Oh, that Israel would follow me, walking in my paths! How quickly I would then subdue their enemies! … But I would feed you with the finest wheat. I would satisfy you with wild honey from the rock.” Psalm 81:1, 10-14, 16 NLT

So many people have a distorted view of God due to past life experiences. Some of those life experiences possibly include a negative experience with a religious person and/or a religious group which led to a view of God as One who is unpredictable, unreliable, harsh and quick to administer judgment. What is your view of God?

Throughout the Bible, we see a portrait of a loving, gracious God who is longing to bring good into our lives. As you read the selected verses from Psalm 81 listed above observe the beautiful description of God.

Followers of Christ have a privilege and responsibility to share the good news with others that God is a loving God, who longs to “rescue” us, fill us “with good things,” “subdue … enemies,” “feed” and nourish us, and “satisfy” our lives! Although God will not force us to pursue a relationship with him, he freely invites us to an abundant life and teaches us to walk in his paths!

Are you like those who have lived in the past (described in Psalm 81) who did not listen to God? Are you going to resist the God who longs to fill your life with good things? Or … Are you willing to trust the God who has your best interest at heart and walk in his path to find life?

No comments:

Post a Comment