Sunday, July 18, 2010

Seeking God through Daily Bible Reading


One of the best moments of my day is the time that I sit down with an open Bible and read the written Word of God. On Saturday, I was feeling a bit weary from a long week, so I honestly admitted to God that I needed some encouragement before I tackled some needed work scheduled for the day.

I had recently been reading through the Book of Isaiah which frankly deals with some pretty tough matters in Israel’s history. So I was wondering if anything in Isaiah (written 700 BC) would particularly speak to my heart and personal circumstances in July of 2010. Well once again the LORD answered my prayer and demonstrated the relevance of his Word in the life of someone who is seeking him.

Here are the encouraging words that I read on a day that I was feeling particularly weary: “The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:28-31 NLT).

Well needless to say, I was encouraged and reminded that I needed to trust in the LORD’s strength and not my own. The result was that I had a great day and the work scheduled for that day was completed and I was refreshed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment